Goals and Objectives
Development Objective of NCDDP:
To have barangays/communities of targeted municipalities become empowered to achieve improved access to services and to participate in more inclusive local planning, budgeting, and implementation.
NCDDP aims to:
- Empower communities by treating them not as passive recipients of assistance and services but as partners in development;
- Improve local governance by improving people’s engagement with and access to their LGUs, thereby making it more democratic and participatory;
- Reduce poverty by implementing barangay-level projects that respond to the communities’ felt needs and problems.
NCDDP is expected to achieve the following benefits for communities:
- Better access to basic services;
- Improve core local poverty indicators in project municipalities;
- Increase percentages of households that report an increase in knowledge, skills, and confidence to participate collectively in local governance activities in project municipalities;
- Improve the attendance of members from marginalized groups in barangay assemblies