DSWD HOLDS LOGO CONTEST FOR ITS NEW PROGRAM
The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) will be holding a logo-making contest for the National Community-Driven Development Program (NCDDP), one of its poverty alleviation programs which was approved by the National Economic Development Authority (NEDA) Board early this year.
The contest, which will run from July 12-26, is open to students of colleges and universities who are taking Fine Arts or its equivalent all over the country. Aside from the opportunity to have the design used as the official logo of a national program of the DSWD, the winning designer will also win PhP 10,000.00 prize money.
Interested students can attend an orientation on July 12 at the Kalahi-CIDSS building in the DSWD Central Office in Batasan Complex, Quezon City at 1:00 p.m. The orientation will not only provide more details about the contest, it will also provide information on the program to give participants the opportunity to find out more about the NCDDP.
The NCDDP is the scale-up of the operations of the community-driven development (CDD) approach used and proven effective by Kapit-Bisig Laban sa Kahirapan-Comprehensive and Integrated Delivery of Social Services (Kalahi-CIDSS). CDD empowers ordinary citizens to actively and directly participate in local governance by identifying their own community needs, planning, implementing, and monitoring projects to address local poverty issues collectively. From the current Kalahi-CIDSS coverage of 364 municipalities in 12 regions, the NCDDP will be covering 900 municipalities in 15 regions nationwide. It will be officially launched in late 2013.
- Theme: The designed logo has to reflect the essence of NCDDP. Furthermore, it should also be designed in such a way that it will match the image of the DSWD. It should also incorporate “NCDDP” in its design.
- Fees: No fees need to be paid in order to participate in the contest.
- No. of entries: Each participant can submit a maximum of three designs.
- Medium: The logo can initially be designed in the medium of choice of the designer (i.e. digital, acrylic paint, watercolor, pencils, mixed, etc.). However, the copy that has to be submitted has to be in digital format.
- Color: Logo submissions have to be in full color, but it also has to look good in black-and-white.
- File Format and resolution: The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format, and also in PNG format. Both file formats should have two versions: one in 300 dpi and another in 600 dpi.
- Contest Start: 12 July 2013.
- Deadline of Submission: 26 July 2013.
Entries should be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The submission should include the name, school, phone number, and e-mail address of the participant.
The DSWD reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or entry at its discretion. Furthermore, it also reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
By joining this contest, participants agree that the designs, winning or otherwise, can be used by the DSWD in any purpose it sees fit. They also agree that their names and photographs may be used by the DSWD for promotional purposes without further remuneration.
The winning entry will be announced on the official DSWD and NCDDP websites.
CRITERIA FOR JUDGING
25%- Relevance to the identity of the NCDDP and DSWD. The logo should be easily identifiable with the Department and the Program.
25%- Creativity/Originality. The design should be original and not in any way similar to any existing logos or copyrighted images.
20% - Flexibility and simplicity of design (can be resized easily, looks good as a colored image as well as in black-and-white/monochrome, can be used in various mediums).
20% - Appropriateness. The design should be appropriate for a professional setting.
10% - Resolution (the design has to have a high-resolution and must be suitable for high-quality printing)
For more information about the contest, you may e-mail email@example.com or call (02) 952 0697.